Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekly 4e Homebrew: Melora Warpriest Domain

Every Sunday, I'll have a completely homebrewed Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition element that you can use in your games. I do take requests so you can either post a comment here, email me at thatrobedguy@hotmail.com with the subject "Homebrew Request", or send me a tweet on Twitter (@brannonhutchins) with the hashtag #weekly4e.

I have no idea why I thought this would be a walk in the park. BUT! I present to you the heroic tier for the Warpriest's Nature Domain!

For the record: I'm not privy to the goings on in the Dungeon and Dragon Magazines anymore, so I hope I'm not treading on too many heels with this new article. I was also originally going to use the official name of the goddess of nature, but I decided to err on the side of caution. I figure I'm already dancing the line of the OGL, so why push it?

Warpriest: Nature Domain
A Warpriest of Nature is a champion of the wild, a teacher of gardners, a scourge of the unnatural aberrants, and a protector to the smallest of creatures.

Level 1: Nature Domain Features and Powers
Benefit: You gain resist 5 psionic damage and a +2 bonus to all saving throws vs. domination.
In addition, when you use healing word, the area within the burst becomes difficult terrain until the end of your next turn that you and your allies can ignore.

Domain At-Will Power

Domain At-Will Power

Domain Utility Power


Domain Encounter Power

Level 1: Channel Divinity (Nature)

Level 3: Nature Domain Encounter Power

Level 5: Nature Domain Feature
When you use healing word, any enemies adjacent to the target are pushed a number of squares equal to your Constitution modifier.

Level 7: Nature Domain Encounter Power

Level 10: Nature Domain Feature
When you use a divine encounter power from your domain, shift each natural creature adjacent to you one square.

Designer Notes: I never thought it would be so difficult to design for the Nature domain, but there it is. I tried to dance along the line of the Divine and Primal power sources as best I could as I incorporated the sea, magma, flora and fauna into the domain. The question now is...is it all that balanced? I did some comparing and contrasting between several domains so I hope I managed not to be the cause of a frustrated Dungeon Master with a munchkin-ing player.

The various powers of the Nature domain were made using Power2ool. The Warpriest Nature Domain was designed for Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition by Wizards of the Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment